THIS IS A RESTRICTED VETERINARY MEDICINE – You will require a prescription from your vet for this product
Malaseb Medicated Shampoo is an antibacterial, antifungal and anti-itch shampoo for dogs and cats. It is designed to help treat bacterial, fungal and yeast infections on your canine or feline’s skin. Malaseb Medicated Shampoo is also ideal as therapeutic treatment for your pet’s bacterial or fungal seborrhea as the combination of ingredients is highly effective against the common organisms causing this disease (Staphylococcus intermedius and Malassezia pachydermatis). Malaseb also aids in the treatment of dermatophyte infections, known as Ringworm, (when caused byMicrosporum canis, M. gypseum and Trichophyton mentagrophytes) in dogs and cats. It decreases the time to clinical resolution and kills infective spores.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and anti-itch shampoo for canines and felines
- Aids in the treatment of bacterial, fungal and yeast infections on your pets’ skin
- Also helpful in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in dogs and cats
- Removes scales, degreases skin and reduces itching
- May also be used as treatment for ringworm inefction
- Has no dyes and pefumes to prevent worsening of your pet’s skin infections
- Registered for use on dogs, puppies, cats and kittens of all ages
- Gets rid of damaged skin oils without stripping your canine or feline’s coat
- Available in 250mL (8.45 fl oz) bottles
- Store at room temperature – 30 C or 86 F.
Directions for use:
Wet the animal thoroughly with clean water. Apply Malaseb Medicated Shampoo to the animal at several points and massage into the coat. A sponge assists lathering and penetration of shampoo into the coat. Make sure to apply it around the lips, under the tail and between the toes as these areas may harbor infectious organisms. Leave the lathered shampoo on skin for 10 minutes then rinse off with clean water. Repeat twice weekly until symptoms subside,or as recommended by your veterinarian.
For a 30kg (66 lb) canine with medium-length hair, 50mL of Malaseb Medicated Shampoo should be enough. For an adult feline, recommended amount would be 7-10 mL.
When treating ringworm (dermatophytosis), all in contact animals should be treated to limit infection spreading and environmental contamination.
Warnings, Side Effects and Drug Interactions:
Use with caution around eyes. If shampoo enters animal’s eye, flush thoroughly with clean water. Seek veterinary advice if eye changes are observed. Animals should not be left unattended during the recommended ten minute shampoo contact time as licking or inhaling shampoo foam may result in irritation of the gastrointestinal or respiratory tracts.
If you require this medication, please place in your cart as normal and go the to check-out. Once payment goes through you will receive an email with a prescription form to take to your regular vet. Please then post to us here at Vet Post. As soon as we receive this form your medication will be couriered straight out to you.