Tranquil Paste is a blend of amino acids, vitamins and minerals which combine to produce a powerful natural calming effect. Tranquil is a natural alternative to chemical calming agents. It acts to calm nervous or exciteable horses in situations where athletic performance may be reduced because of increased agitation or nervousness. This includes situations such as travelling, strange or unfamiliar racetracks or competition venues, unusual crowds and noise, etc.
Tranquil Paste contains the amino acid L-Tryptophan, plus all of its essential cofactors. Tryptophan is converted in the body to serotonin, a major neurotransmitter (a chemical involved in transferring messages within the brain). High serotonin levels result in a feeling of satiety, and help to induce feelings of relxation and calmness. Tryptophan is known for its ability to calm nervous or exciteable animals, so that they do not waste energy and electrolytes.
Tranquil Paste contains a number of additional cofactors to improve energy supply during exercise, and thus exercise performance.
- Potassium and Magnesium aspartates improve endurance and delay muscle fatigue and cramping.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) is intimately involved in using carbohydrates for energy.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) helps the mitochondria in cells actually produce energy for muscle contraction.
- Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3) is involved in increasing the availability of glycogen as a source of energy, and the breakdown of fatty acids.
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) increases the ability of red blood cells to offload oxygen into muscle tissue for energy production, and is also involved in the breakdown of muscle glycogen for fuel.
- Folic Acid is vital to muscle repair, and Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant to reduce muscle damage during hard exercise.
These effects combine to improve the mental state of nervous or exciteable horses, and thus improve exercise performance.
- L-Tryptophan 260mg/mL 88
- Thiamine HCl (Vit B1) 20mg/mL 88
- Riboflavin (Vit B2) 18mg/mL 88
- Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3) 50mg/mL 88
- Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6) 10mg/mL
- Calcium ascorbate (Vitamin C) 100mg/mL
- Folic Acid 15mg/mL
- Potassium aspartate 20mg/mL
- Magnesium aspartate 20mg/mL
- Chromium piconlinate 300ug/uL
- Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C) 100mg
- 30ml Paste.
Directions for Use:
- Give 10 – 15ml given 24 hours, and again 3 – 5 hours before competition or transport.